How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi, I am a Croatian citizen, married to a UK citizen. I have

This answer was rated:

I am a Croatian citizen, married to a UK citizen. I have a child, not fathered by my husband. We were married in Croatia and have been living together in the UK for 4 years.
How do I apply for divorce, since we're in the UK, but have been married in Croatia? Do I have to apply for divorce in Croatia or could we complete the divorce in the UK?
I would appreciate any help you can provide.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Since you have been resident here in the Uk for more than 12 months you can Petition for a divorce here in the UK.
You will need to supply a Certified English Translation of your Croatian marriage certificate
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** do I apply for divorce?

Do I need any forms?

What are the fees?

What documents do I need?

The Process is described here
The forms are also available on that website and the only other forms you need are the Marriage Certificate and the Official Translation
I am sorry that you felt that my service was poor meaning that I get no credit for my time but which is not necessary for and does not trigger a refund.
You are resident her ein the Uk so your divorce proceedings can be issued here.
the only difference that the foreign marriage gives rise to is the fact that you need to provide a Certified Translation of your marriage certificate as well as the marriage certificate itself
The grounds for divorce and the forms that you need are all accessible via the site I gave you the link to - although I am happy to assist further if you have specific question
Clare and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm sorry, that was completely unintentional.

Thank you for your service

That is fine - but do please ask if you do need further help