Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.

Hi I have a question I live in uk 12 years and I'm from Poland

Hi I have a question I live in uk 12 years and I'm from Poland EU. I am meeting girl from Dominican Republic from 6 months and i would like to bring her here. We not married. I was reading informations about visas and partnership visa require 2 years together. If we get civil partnership we can avoid 1.5 year waiting ? Thank you
Thanks for your patience
Have you naturalised as a UK citizen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I didn't apply for British citizen yet I'm resident there I guess.

Thank You

Thanks for your patience.
If you have a civil partnership or get married then your wife will be the non-eea national spouse of an eea natoinal exercising treaty rights in the UK.
This means that they can then apply for a family permit fron her home country in order to travel here and settle with you:-
Once they have arrived in the UK on their family permit they should then apply for an EEA Residence Card which confirms her right to stay in the UK for a period of 5 years:-
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,