How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7663
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

thereI'm struggling with my child MN1 application form

This answer was rated:

Hi there
I'm struggling with my child MN1 application form a bit! My child was born on 31.07.2013. He couldn't get a British passport that time because no one of us ( me-Hungarian and my husband -Egyptian) been settled in UK . Since then just oct.2014 both of us got a permanent residents document! so it's time to register our baby as a British citizen and then get passport for him. But on the MN1 form is a question about previous nationality of my baby? Am I right is he stateless, because he never had any other countries paper at all!? and MN1 says if a child is stateless need S2 or S3 form ?! How can I decide which one I need? Can You help me please?! Thanks, Diana
Thanks for your question.
Do you know if they are entitled to Egyptian or Hungarian citizenship automatically?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I really don't know that! To get a Hungarian passport for him I need register my marriage first in Hungary , which I don't want because it's such a hassle and expensive and the I can register a birth of him! So, I don't think so it's automatically ! About egyptian I don't know!
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
Under many nationality laws for particular countries (eg. UK) a passport is not required in order for a person to be a citizen of that country.
For example, in the UK some people are automatically citizens because they were born here. A passport is only proof of their citizenship status.
This means that depending on the laws of Hungary and Egypt, your child may automatically be a citizen of those countries by law. If this is the case then you would have to confirm that your child is a citizen of the particular country under that country’s laws but that you have not applied for a passport for them.
This means that you will have to check with a Hungarian and Egyptian lawyer to check whether your child is already a citizen of that country even though he does not hold a passport.
Depending on what your find out you will have to disclose it in the UK citizenship form with an accompanying statement explaining the situation
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Thomas and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you