How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12178
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

, I am looking advice. I have recently married a

This answer was rated:

, I am looking advice. I have recently married a Ukrainian woman in Ukraine. We want to apply visa to come to UK. Her English is not very good at moment so she will fail the language test required me on as family of a settled person. Would we be better to apply visitor visa so she can come her and learn English, then apply of settled person visa when her English is good enough?
You are correct in that she would need to pass a language test. If she can't do so at the moment then she should apply six month visitor visa so that she can learn English.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** worth applying 2 year visitor visa so that my wife can visit regularly. Pass the English exam in England and then apply to remain in England or would it be better to return to Ukriane and then apply for "join permanent family" visa?

That would be a fabulous idea, and hopefully she would learn English and then be able to get a permanent visa thereafter.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, I believe she can only stay maximum of 6 months at a time, how long will she have to return to Ukraine she can return to UK if she has a 2 year visitor visa?

There's no rule as long as she returns after six months. She could come back immediately.
JGM and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you