How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7902
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I am a Uk citizen (born in the UK I have a British passport) I

This answer was rated:

I am a Uk citizen (born in the UK I have a British passport)
I have 3 kids (all eligible passports, One already has it, i just need to do the paper work other two)
We live in Israel, I have been here years (married )
My kids are 1, 3, 5 years old. My wife is Israeli
I want to move to the Uk with my family, I want to know the best route to take.
I could come on and start on a company work visa, via my company in Israel?
Maybe a family visa.
What will be the fastest way to
a) get my wife a working visa when we come
b) How can i get my wife a permanent residence eventually ending in British citizenship (passport)
c) Is it best to apply entry once i'm already in UK or can we all come together at the same time

Thanks question.
Are you employed in Israel? If so, what is your annual salary in GBP?
Kind regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am employed currently i earn 65000 pounds before tax

Thank you question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
She will need to apply spouses visa (ie. Settlement) if she is to come here to settle with you permanently.
It’s best to stay in Israrel with her and all apply at the same time.
The webpage on spouse visas is here:
The eligibility criteria is here:-
One of the main barriers to applying to many people is the financial requirement. You will see from the link below what the requirements are in order to meet this. If you (UK spouse) are based outside of the UK then there are two parts, the first is that you must have been employed at a salary in Israel above the salary threshold of £18600 per annum. The second is that you must have obtained a job offer from a UK employer at above the salary threshold to start within 3 months of the date that she applies visa.
So you should start looking with a view to getting a job and then submitting your wife’s application.
If the application is well prepared and you meet the following eligibility criteria then it will make the application easy and quick to decide upon UKBA. To be eligible, you must show:-
• you and your partner are both aged 18 or over at the date of application;
• your partner is a British Citizen, or is present and settled in the UK, or is here with refugee leave or humanitarian protection;
• your partner is not related to you in a way that means you could not marry in UK law;
• you and your partner have met in person;
• your relationship with your partner is genuine and subsistingif you are married or in a civil partnership, your marriage or civil partnership is valid in UK law;
• if you are not married or in a civil partnership you have been living with your partner in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership least 2 years prior to the date of the application;
• you meet the suitability requirements
• any previous relationship has permanently broken down (this does not apply to certain polygamous relationships);
• you and your partner intend to live together permanently in the UK;
• You must meet the financial requirement:-
• This means that the UK based spouse must earn a minimum income threshold of £18,600. Alternatively, if you have savings of £62, 500.00 then you would not have to prove any salary. You can also use a mix of the two.
• You would also have to show that you meet the English language requirement:-

You have to produce to the Home Office documentation that proves the above. This would be some of the following:-
• Bank statements from both you and your spouse going back 6 months showing the income/capital you have available
• Payslips (6 month of) and a letter from your employer stating that you have a permanent job, contract of employment
• Documentary evidence of any other assets you hold (eg. Shares, evidence of ISAs or bonds)
• Marriage certificate, Birth Certificate, passport
• Evidence of correspondence between you and your spouse showing that the relationship is credible and genuine (eg. Emails, letters, evidence of previous trips, photos showing you together, phone records
• Evidence of the accommodation where you will live or that you can afford to accommodate yourselves once here.

• Further information here:-
She will need to apply (ie. spouses visa) by using form VAF4A Settlement, but she will actually apply onlin.
You can find Uk immigration solicitors through the following Law Society Website search engine:-
The visa will be granted period of 33 months. She will have to apply leave to remain at the end of this time. She can apply leave to remain once she has been here years. After that she can apply to be naturalised as a UK citizen.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you