How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 0
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Tobago Immigration

Customer Question

I have a friend who lives in Tobago. She has lived there 20 years but does not have residential status. Long story short she has been arrested and may get deported but doesn't have the money ticket (she is a German citizen). She has 3 children 10 years, 11 years and 18 years who were all born in Tobago. What can she do and will they pay ticket back to Germany, what will happen to the children?

Seeing as this is taking so long I will add a few things.

1. she was married to the father of 2 of her children (the youngest 2)  he is a Tobagonian.

2. She has no money.

3. She has just taken out a Restraining Order on her boyfriend, who is abusive (physically and mentally) to her, in the last week.  It is him who called Immigration on her I believe.

4. She has a german passport which has expired but her boyfriend has taken all her documents and will not return them or has destroyed them.  ie. drivers licence, children's birth certificates, her marriage certificate, and any other legal papers she had

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you
It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Tobago, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.
At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page , if you prefer.
Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will I still be charged the fee. As I have paid £35.00 and have not got a response I can use at all or that helps me in any way.

Please also let me know if I leave it open will I, at some point, get a valid response?

kind regards

Philippa XXXXX

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Relist: Incomplete answer. The answer I got was just basically that you could not answer my question. As I am not satisfied could I please be re-emberesed my money as £34.00 is a lot of money to pay non-answer and it was urgent and is not longer helpful. Please adivse P. XXXXX