How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

, I'm of Lebanese origin but I now have British citizinship

This answer was rated:

I'm of Lebanese origin but I now have British citizinship 7 years. My partner of 21 years (although we are not legally married) is French. We have two kids born in UK: Girl born on 18.09.2003 and boy born on 16.02.2010.
The Kids have French passports. We were told that the kids are now allowed British citizinship, is this true and are they entitled to British passports or do we need to be married first?

Your boy is automatically British and you may apply British passport .

Your girl is not automatically British as she was born before July 2006 but an application may be made to register her as a British Citizen if you can prove that you are her father (e.g. your name is ***** ***** birth certificate as the father and the birth certificate was issued within 1 year of her birth) and her mother consents to the registration as a British Citizen.

As the child is over 10 years, she must be of good character.

The registration application form MN1 is here:

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you