How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7895
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

If my mom is a UK passport holder and have a home/ property

This answer was rated:

If my mom is a UK passport holder and have a home/ property in UK, she wanted to transfer the property under my name - I'm a Philippine passport holder. Will this give me visa/ residency? Is there a chance I will be given a UK passport? If my mom placed the property under my name, I would like to relocate and live in UK but I need to know how I will get a visa. Please can you help me with this? Thanks
Thanks question.
How did your mother become a UK citizen please?
What would you do if in the UK, study? Work?
Kind regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


My mom married a British man and she lives in UK years now. I would like to live with my mom and work as well. I'm 34 years old, married and with a baby less than a year. As my mom is getting old, I would like to live with her, make her retire and I will be the one to work with my husband.

Thank you question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
I’m afraid that owning a UK property does not entitle you to a visa.
There is a category called Tier 1 Entrepreneur in which funds of £200, 000.00 are required purpose of investment in UK business, but this cannot be invested in a property that you own/live in. So, it would not be appropriate visa.
There is no facility to allow you to come to the UK to be a carer mother either.
Most people in these circumstances attempt to obtain a sponsored skilled worker visa. This means that you would be looking at applying under the Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Workers Visa provisions. You will have to see if there is a job that you could do in the UK on the shortage occupation list:-
If your job is not on this list then this means that you employer would have to apply to become a licensed sponsor of skilled migrants and also confirm to the home office that they have carried out a the Resident Labour Market Test. This test is effectively to show that their are no resident/eea national in the locality that can perform your role,.
You would have to then secure a job offer from a UK employer who is or would become a licensed sponsor of skilled migrants:-
This would probably be the most appropriate way forward
I am sorry that I could not have better news .
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks reply. So basically I will need to look and employer that will be able to give me visa. Once I managed to get the work visa, how many years should I stay before I can apply and passport?
If you are able to get a tier 2 sponsored skilled worker visa then you would have to stay on this visa and work in the UK years. At the end of this period you would then be able to apply leave to remain which is the right to stay in the UK permanently.
12 months after this you can naturalise if you meet the requirements on the following page: