How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I currently have leave as Tier 1 General and it will be

This answer was rated:

I currently have leave as Tier 1 General and it will be 5 years in this April. Now I am preparing to apply Leave to Remain. My employer provides me with London Travel Card as an allowance and it is mentioned in the payslip as "London T-C ER's" followed by the amount in the Employer's Deduction section where National Insurance and Auto EPP 4+4 mentioned. Is this allowance accepted as earnings? Thanks - F

The policy on allowances is as follows:

We will only include allowances (such as those or schooling applicant’s children) in the assessment of an applicant’s previous earnings if they are part of an applicant’s remuneration package and are not paid to reimburse the applicant he/she has previously spent.

We will only accept allowances as earnings if they are declared in the applicant’s payslips and there is a contractual obligation on the employer’s part to make these payments.

So, if your Travelcard allowance meets the above conditions,it will be counted as part of your earnings.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you