How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My granddaughter has been living and working (semi-skilled

Customer Question

My granddaughter has been living and working (semi-skilled employment) in New Zealand years. She now realizes, having taken legal advice, that it is unlikely that she will be able to successfully apply in NZ so it likely that when her present Visa expires she will (at age 30) have to return to the UK where her mother and step-father still live. She has a partner who also presently works in NZ on a Visa under her sponsorship and who, if she leaves NZ, would also have to leave. I have two questions. What benefits could she receive whilst seeking work in the UK ? Would it be possible partner - who has no particular labour skills and who is a citizen of Tonga - to live in the UK ?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

She may use this benefits calculator to see what benefits she will be entitled to once she is back in the UK:

He Partner would need a UK visa to live in the UK with her, see here:

Hope this helps