How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have got my Residence permit since 14 January 2014. The type

This answer was rated:

I have got my Residence permit since 14 January 2014. The type of the permit is SETTLEMENT with NO TIME LIMIT. Please advise how do I apply for a British passport by myself? Which form should I download online? Could you please kindly send me the web link of the application form? Thank you.
Best regards
Hello Halima,
You need to apply for naturalisation using form AN:
All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much. May I ask for 3 more questions? --

1. What is the address I need to post my application? I can't see it in the form.

2. How much do I need to pay for the application? What type of payment method? Post office check?

3. Can I apply for a face to face interview to get the passport faster? How?

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Best regards



The fees (906 pounds) are detailed in this guide, you will need to complete the payment details:

I would suggest that you use the Nationality Checking Service (at a cost of 50 pounds) with the nearest council which offers this service, they will check your application and send it for you to the Home Office, see here:

All the best, ***** ***** feedback