How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

there, I am an EEA national (Portuguese) I have been

This answer was rated:

I am an EEA national (Portuguese) I have been resident in the UK since 2003 at the age of 10. total of 12 years now, I am now 22. I am currently in the process of applying citizenship through naturalisation.
I have attended high school in Scotland 2004 - 2009 achieving my GCSE's. From there I have been in full time employment and currently studying a HNC course at college. I have not left the UK 6 months or 90 days at any point during this period.
Although I have been in full time education majority of the time do I qualify permanent residence? Or must I apply first?
My second query: I achieved a Higher English certificate at High School awarded by the SQA. Does this meet the English language requirement or do I still have to complete an ESOL course? I hoped my higher English certificate would suffice as it clearly shows I have studied English throughout high school.
Thank You
You will automatically qualify residency as you have been exercising treaty rights than 5 years. Note that the correct phrase is permanent residency in your case, not ILR which applies under domestic UK immigration laws, not EEA laws.
You need to pass an English test, see here options
All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you