How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am British and wish to work Egyptian family as a maternity

This answer was rated:

I am British and wish to work Egyptian family as a maternity nanny in Cairo where they live. I would be there 8 weeks. The family say all I require is a tourist visa which I would get on arrival. Is this legal? Surely I need some sort of work visa.

You are quite correct, the tourist visa is purposes, not .

You would need a work permit, which needs to be applied Egypt by your employer, see here:

It seems that your employer is taking a short cut by advising you to travel on a tourist visa although you will be working . This is illegal and you could be detained and deported from Egypt, please do not do it.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you