How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 0
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have been in the UK than 8 years now. I came to

Customer Question

I am asking this question on behalf of my friend:

I have been in the UK for more than 8 years now. I came to the UK as a work permit holder and on July 2010, married to my French wife. Since then, I am on a EEA Family member residence. My wife naturalised as a British citizen last year and as far as I know, as I got my EEA right before 2012, I am eligible to apply BC as soon as I become permanent resident this July, without waiting 1 more year. And again as far as I know, I do not need to apply for EEA4 as it is automatic and just apply for BC. Is my knowledge so far correct? My question is that we were living together with my wife for 6 months before our marriage. Can I also count this six months for the permanent residence time and apply BC now instead of waiting until July?

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law