How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

, A family friend was born in 1971 in Bangladesh from a polygamy marriage. Her father w

This answer was rated:

A family friend was born in 1971 in Bangladesh from a polygamy marriage. Her father was naturalised in 1964 as British Citizen. Can she apply to come to UK? If so, what sort application form should she submit?

It would appear that your friend may already be a British Citizen by descent as her father was naturalised as a British Citizen before she was born.

I would advise that she applies for confirmation from the UK Home Office that she is indeed a British national, see here for the form:

The fee is 85 pounds payable using this form:

Once her British Nationality is confirmed, she may apply for a British passport and come to the UK.

All the best
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for such a quick response. Can she apply from Bangladesh? Can you send me the link to the former as well please?

Yes, she may apply from Bangladesh.

The form is here:
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you