How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 34896
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

im a british national married to a russian national weve

This answer was rated:

hi im a british national married to a russian national weve been married nearly four years my wife living here 3 half years we got married in moscow but are now seeking a divorce any advice thanks
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What would you like to know?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what my rights are really and will i have to pay her off what is she entitled to she wants to get a uk divorce but we got married in russia

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

any answers yet

My apologies for the delay
How long have you actually lived together and are there any children involved?
What assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Three half years no children no debt I'm the only one who works she's a student which her family I'm Russia pay for she doesn't pay any bills I pay everything I took the mortgage out 8 Yeats ago just on my name
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage
What income do you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
House worth 130 96000 on mortgage I earn 30000 a year
Has she said where she intends to live after separation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No not sure but think she's going to rent a flat with friends
Since you are both currently resident in the UK then the divorce will indeed take place here
So long as you are married she has matrimonial rights to live in the property.
She also has a financial claim on it - not for 50% or anything close - but certainly for a lump sum of 15% - 20% to allow her to set up a new home elsewhere
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you