How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Counselor, Recently I had problems with an old Patriality

This answer was rated:

Hello Counselor,
Recently I had problems with an old Patriality visa issued in 1981 coming through customs at Heathrow, as it wasn't recognized by the visa officer. It turned out to be OK in the end but it would be good if I could get the old visa stamped into my current passport. Is this possible and if so how do I go about it? or better still would I be able to apply for a British Passport as I was married to British citizen in 1981 for 5 years.
You may apply for naturalisation as a British Citizen and once this is approved, you may apply for a British passport.
See this link below for the naturalisation application process
Alternatively, you may apply for a new certificate of entitlement in your current non British passport, see here
All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you