How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7661
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I am Romanian citizen and an American citizen by naturalisation. I

Customer Question

I am Romanian citizen and an American citizen by naturalisation.
I have the right to work in UK?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
As a Romanian citizen, if you have a Romanian passport then you are an EEA citizen. This means that you have the right to exercise treaty rights by working in the UK.
You would have to show your Romanian passport and I would suggest that you also apply for a Registration Card confirming your right to work in the UK:-
Although it’s technically not a requirement it does make it easier for you to prove your right to work and also claim benefits if necessary.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Is there any further information you require?
I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided.
Kind regards,