How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7663
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I'm a naturalised british citizen, my husband joined me here

Customer Question

I'm a naturalised british citizen, my husband joined me here in uk from Malaysia with spouse visa and left me just a month he got his british passport through me. I found out that he has a gf before he came here and they still have the affair until now. He was obviously only used me to get a citizenship. Back in the application as a spouse visa, there was a question 'are you joining ur wife in uk with intention of living together?' Which answerable by yes but of course it was a lie. Does he have a grounds or can I have him question and get him deported back in Malaysia? Thank you
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your patience.
You can inform the home office in writing giving details of what you know and if you have any evidence then you can provide it. It will then be for the home office to make a decision.
If the evidence if strong enough then the may take action to revoke his citizenship and then attempt to deport him, but it's public money which they use and so the evidence does have to be quite strong.
I would start compiling what evidence you have and then write to them. State that you were completely unaware of his infidelity until just recently and confirm that you would be prepared to support any revoication action they choose to take by giving testimony.
Frankly, if he has already naturalised then the chances that they will take action are probably considerably less than 50% but all you can do is write to them and hope.
I really am sorry, it's a horrible situation but unfortunately not entirely uncommon.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Is there any further information you require?
I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided.
Kind regards,