How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Alice. I am applying tier 2 visa. I overstayed in

This answer was rated:

Hi Alice.
I am applying for UK tier 2 visa. I overstayed in Bangladesh in the year 2007 for 11 days. Now is it going to affect my Tier2 visa application? DO I need to mention this?

No, it should not affect your UK visa application and you do not need to declare it if not asked.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for your reply. But it was actually mentioned in my passport where the Bangladesh Departure was stampped. I am afraid if there is any chance that the entry clearance officer spot this. Will it be treated as a deportation?

If you are not asked about this in the application form, you do not need to declare it and you do not need to worry about it.

It will not affect your UK visa application as Bangladesh and the UK are separate countries and do not have the same immigration laws.

As long as you comply with UK immigration laws, you are fine.

All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you