How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7673
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I need some advice regarding a south African housekeeper employed by me in already in sout

This answer was rated:

I need some advice regarding a south African housekeeper employed by me in already in south Africa but I am in uk.can you help me with that. I have a house in south Africa and have employed my housekeeper there for about 9 years with a break in between.In 2007 I bought her to uk with me to work as a domestic worker here in as we where living back home again here for a couple of years.She had a domestic workers visa for the first year and then it was renewed for a second year.The visa was endorsed to work for me only.During the second year she met a south African lady here who promised her car, flat etc and she left me one day and then disappeared with this lady.She was subsequently picked up by immigration a couple of weeks later after I informed them she was no longer with me and she was taken to a detention centre and put back on a plane to south Africa.We returned to south Africa and sorted this out and she continued to work for me there again and still does.This was in 2008.
Thanks for your question.
When she was put on a plane, who paid for the flight ticket back to SA?
Kind regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Tom

Presume it was immigration or government as she did not pay for it or me.

Thank you


Thanks for your patience.
If it is the case that she had her ticket paid for by the state then she should have received an entry ban of 2 years (at least). Any application that she made befor the ban expired would be automatically rejected.
Even if the ban had expired, then the home office would still be able to take the breach of overstaying in to account when "considering" any application that she now chose to make. Effectively, this would mean that the overwheling possibility would be that the application would be rejected.
Practially speaking I would say that she is extremely unlikely to be able to secure any type of visa, apart from ones in which human rights apply and this is not a case where they do because there is no familial relationship applicable here.
I am sorry, but it's highly unlikely that she would be accepted now
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Tom, thank you.Would this be a holiday visa as well?

Many thanks

Yes, basically it would be for any type of visa other than a spouse visa or a visa based on a child of hers who is in the UK.
I am sorry.
Kind regards,
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Is there any further information you require?
I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided.
Kind regards,