How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am a bourn in UK citizen Married to my wife from Thailand

Customer Question

I am a bourn in UK citizen Married to my wife from Thailand Have 6 year old son bourn in UK my wifes second 3 year leave to remain Visor is expiring in July 2015 can we now apply for a uk citizenship
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
How long has your wife been in the UK and does she have ILR?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she has been in uk for 10 years came initially on a vacation visa got pregnant in uk had child applied for leave to remain in uk refused initially but granted at appeal hearing issued initial 3 year leave to remain then applied again once first leave to remain was due to expire ths was granted via mail so have now had this same visa for 6 years what should we do next

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
It seems that she was issued with discretionary leave to remain.
As she has been here for 6 years on this visa status, she should now apply for indefinite leave to remain using form SET(O):
Once she receives ILR, she may immediately apply for naturalisation as a British Citizen using form AN:
Hope this helps