How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 35073
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am a British citizen by birth. I have been living and working

This answer was rated:

I am a British citizen by birth.
I have been living and working in Angola for 3 years.
I have an Illegitimate child here age 20 months.
My name is ***** ***** local birth certificate.
How can I ensure they have British Citizenship by descent.
How can I obtain a british passport for them.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Where were you actually born?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was born in Epsom united kingdom in 1952.

I am british by birth and so also were both my parents.

In that case your children are indeed entitled to British Citizenship - and all you need to do is apply for a Passport for them
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou Clare.

I have a logistical problem applying for a passport for my son here in Angola as already have a family in the UK.

I therefore can not have correspondence between the passport office and my UK home address.

I need absolute confidentiality and I need someone in UK to handle all correspondence associated with the passport application and future renewals.

I can send you any required documents by DHL and I have a mailing address in Luanda for receiving documents.

You may also have to arrange translation of the local birth certificate.

Are you able to consider this service. If so we should talk later by phone to discuss details.

I am afraid that we are not able to offer such a service via this site HOWEVER there is no reason why you shoudl not be able to deal with this at the Embassy in Luanda