How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

i entered through the port of Tyne yesterday on a US passport.

This answer was rated:

i entered through the port of Tyne yesterday on a US passport. i am also a british citizen. i put on my boarding card my visit was to be 6 months. the trip was a three day trip from the UK to Amsterdam. my last entry was jan 6,2015 to which i got a stamp for 6 month visitation in the uk. i am in process of getting my british passport as is my legal right. the officer revoked my original stamp of 6 months entry and ordered my departure in 90 days because he thought i was lying. i am still working on my UK passport, but can he legally order me out of the country, even if i dont get my british passport?
If you are a British Citizen, you are not subject to immigration control in the UK and you cannot be kicked out simply because you have not got a UK passport.

It will obviously help you to get a UK passport to prove your claim to be a British Citizen. You should ignore the 90 days and 6 months entry stamps as a British citizen, you may reside in the UK without any restriction.

May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

who has the burden of proof at the port of entry to prove my citizenship, me or the government?

UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you