How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7664
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

my wife is UK passport and now 35 years , i need to know is

Customer Question

my wife is UK passport and now 35 years , i need to know is there are any financial support from the government to her that she was live our of uk
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
What type of financial support are you asking about please?
Support to do what?
Kind regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she was living in UK till she was 17 years and her father took some money on her bahlf as the usual support from the government

then she moved to Cairo till now and she got info that their are some money for her with the government but i do not know what this kind if that supporting for unemployment or something else

my question what are the financial support which government can submit for the UK citizens as Women

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Your wife lived in the UK until 17. She then moved to Egypt and has stayed there ever sine.
You want to know if she is entitled to any UK government financial benefits.
Is the above correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i mean child benifite

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your patience.
I'm afraid that she would not be entitled to child benefit for a child that she has herself because it is a requirement that you live in the UK in order to claim this. The only circumstances in which a person can claim child benefit is if they are a UK citizen but a crown servant (ie. someone employed by the UK government) outside the UK.
Her father may have claimed child benefits whilst he and your wife were in the UK when she was a child, but he was entitled to claim these benefits and spend them in how he saw fit in raising your wife.
She would not be eligible for a uk state pension either because you must have 30 quyalifying years in order to claim these and if she left at 17 years old and has not returned then she would not meet this either.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Is there any further information you require?
I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided.
Kind regards,