How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

. I m from Azerbaijan and i m married an UK resident guy

This answer was rated:

Hi. I m from Azerbaijan and i m married an UK resident guy for 5.5 years. We have some problems and we want to split up soon. I have an income from my business in Dubai. Imwanted to know if i have any rights to live in the UK and get Leave to Remain. Thanks
What nationality is your spouse and where are you currently?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My hisban is british ( scotish) i m in Dubai right now
Thank you.

I am afraid you will not have any rights to reside in the UK on the basis of your marriage to a British Citizen, if your marriage breaks up.

You would only be eligible for a UK spouse visa if you were both to reside in the UK as a couple in one household.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What can i do if we are together? He doesnt live in UK he works overseas
You must both intend to live in the UK if you want to apply for a UK spouse visa, and he needs to show that he is able to maintain and accommodate you and be earning over a certain amount, £18600 per annum.
May I help further?