How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7661
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I am the director of british company based in London but I

This answer was rated:

I am the director of british company based in London but I live in Brazil (I'm brazilian). May I enter the UK using a Business Visitor Visa?
Thanks for your question.
Are you employed in Brazil?
Are you employed by a company affiliated with the UK company?
What business tasks would you carry out in the UK and for whom?
Kind regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am the only director/employee of the company and I am registered at Companies House as the director. There is no affiliated company in Brazil... but I live in Brazil and do all the work as a director from Brazil...

the tasks would be related to the company in the uk, taking part in meetings with potential clients...

Kind regards,


Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
There are problems with applying for a business visit visa. This is because these visas are generally for persons employed outside the UK by foreign employers, who wish to come to the UK to carry out tasks related to their job.
The problem is that you effectively control the company and are completely responsible for the running of it. Although you are based outside of the UK you would be carrying out functions for a UK based company which you essentially control. This is very much different to a normal business visit situation where a person seconded from a foreign employer to a company office in the UK not part of the foreign employer company, or where a person attends the UK to train/advise other businesses.
It seems that the purpose of the trip is entirely for the benefit of a UK business that you control and this is not really appropriate in the circumstance. As a foreigh business person wishing to set up a business in the UK the home office would probably expect that a Tier 1 Entreprener visa would be the most appropriate visa to apply for:
Obviously, though this is a restrictive visa in that the eligibility threshold is strict.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Thomas and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you