How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 0
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My girlfriend lives in Edmonton London. One of her eldest children

Customer Question

My girlfriend lives in Edmonton London. One of her eldest children has a friend who has lived in the area with his father and step mother for 15 months, is Congolese and is here on a Visa expiring in mid 2016 based upon him living with his father over here.
He turned 18 in December last and on Friday just gone his father threw him out of the house because he was "late home" 8pm rather than 6pm !The father will not answer the door nor speak on the phone.
We suspect that it is the step mother who dictated that happening.
He is living temporarily with my girlfriend and her children but that cannot continue.
The father has been receiving child support of some £20 per week for him which may now have stopped due to him reaching 18.
We have tried to help him via the Council - Harringay - who will not assist.
We have tried to get him temporary employment but he does not have a social security number and that also causes a problem.
He is a very pleasant nice lad but we are now at a loss to know how we can help him further to stay in the UK, find somewhere to live and gain employment.
Any suggestions will be gratefully received.
Richard Ive
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your patience
Does the father hold uk citizenship?
Where and when was the lad born?
Kind regards