How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

JA, I am a non EEA family member of a EEA national and got

Customer Question

Hi JA, I am a non EEA family member of a EEA national and got my residence card in Feb 2011 for 5 years. Though our relationship is more than 11 years and have 5 children together but still we are not married.In recently my young child ripped through my passport including the residence sticker and some part is missing (he thought its a book and fun to do that as he does with the other book).We booked our 1St Family holiday outside the UK in Spain in July 2015 and i got a new passport from my country high commission. Now i am not sure, Can i travel with the new passport along with the ripped residency card passport? or do i have to get new redency card sticker? If i need to get a new one then what way have to apply for as a replacement one or a New fresh one? If i need a new one then i heard,it take about six months but our holiday is in July and already paid the money and all are excited especially the children. Can you please advice us,so that we can make the holiday right.Thanks.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Sorry to hear this.
Do you have a copy of the residence card before it was torn up? If yes, you may use that copy to travel outside the UK and return back to the UK with, together with your old passport containing the damaged residence card and your new passport.
If not, I suggest you make a subject access request to the Home Office requesting a copy of it, along with other personal data held on you, this is normally processed within 40 calendar days at a fee of £10, see here for the form to be used
With the copy, you may travel out and come back to the UK on it.
May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there any replacement service against the damaged one with the premium service? Because my residency permit is till Feb16, and had to get new passport because of the damage of the old passport and also the old passport validity was over as well.

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
You cannot use the premium service for residence card applications or replacement residence card applications.

All the best