How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

l married a Jamaica man in Jamaica in 2009 got him here

Customer Question

hi l married a Jamaica man in Jamaica in 2009 got him here in 2000 10 after 2 years he got his papers in third year in August after that he left me he said he could not cope he wanted his name on my house I said no then he left he got 5 years on his card I rote to immigration to let them no it Is in there hands know will they send him back after his time is up could you let me no.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

If your husband received indefinite leave to remain in the UK as you say in his third year here, then he is free from any time limits to his stay in the UK and he will not be sent back even if your marriage has broken down.

Sorry but I have a duty to answer you truthfully.

May I help further?