How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 0
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

how do i contact the british consulate &

Customer Question

how do i contact the british consulate for passports & special circumstances. I am trying to obtain British Citizenship/British passport for my son. Both his father and I have obtained a British passport both of us born in USA we were thinking this was the best way to get our son his passport and citizenship. He wants to move to the UK for college and eventually obtain a HN degree and work and live in the UK. Both Paternal grandfathers and grandmothers are British born as is Great grand parents on both sides. He plans on college/university for Electrical Engineering. We were told that passports are issued one generation back. however given the area of intended field of study be Engineering and the fact that both sides of the family down the line are in fact British born a special circumstance may apply and he could get his British passport. How do I proceed with this to find out if a special circumstance would apply??? how do i obtain citizen ship for him the passport office kicked his application back but they said we could check with the consulate. the one in los angeles was no help.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law