How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My daughter is EU citizen, she studied 6 years in Oxford and

This answer was rated:

My daughter is EU citizen, she studied 6 years in Oxford and London, then she worked 3 years in the UK. She has been refused British citizenship due to "missing health insurance during studies". She was registered in the university surgery during studies hence we suppose she had health insurance as EU citizen. What type of health insurance is required to gain citizenship? Can we still appeal?

I am afraid as an EEA national exercising treaty rights in the UK as a student, she was required to have held her own private health insurance policy as access to the free NHS does not meet the criteria of having private comprehensive sickness insurance (such as BUPA

See this UK court of appeal case:

If she is able to obtain cover retrospectively covering the time she was studying here, she may ask for a reconsideration, otherwise no point.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you