How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

i ben working then 5 years in uk and i need to

Customer Question

hi i ben working for more then 5 years in uk and i need to apply for indefinite leave to remain i finish the application im here under a tier 2 (migrant) asks about maternity leave,but i wasnt sure if that includes past or just current?i was on maternity leave from work in 2012from june to i have to include this on my application,along with the payslips from that period?
2.itasks about absences from work include all annual i really need to include all of my annual leave dates when i used it to travel outside of uk?also,i had afew days of work in portugal do i need to include that as well all of those travel dates are listed in the relevant section,but it seem to ask for more then that(?)
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
1. In respect of maternity leave you need to state any maternity leave you have had during the 5 years you have been in the UK on a Tier 2 visa. You will have to state the period during 2012 which you were on maternity leave and also (if possible) submit any paylips during this period.
2. You need to include ALL absences from the UK whether work related or not. Your employer will need to provide a letter confirming the period of annual leave and the periods of work relating absences. You do not need to provide ALL the evidence stated in the form just tick the boxes for which you have provided documentary evidence for.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards