How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I got married in Bangladesh in February,I am British citizen,

This answer was rated:

Hi I got married in Bangladesh in February,I am British citizen, currently on the low rate of disability benifit, I wanted to know if it would be possible to bring my wife over using the 6 month family visa which is quicker to process 3 weeks,then later apply fore the long term visa. Which takes 3 months to process.
Thanks Azar Chy
Hello Azar,
It is not possible to switch into a long term spouse family visa from a family visit visa in the UK. Your spouse would need to return back after her visit and apply for a spouse visa from Bangladesh.
It is advisable that she applies for a long term family spouse visa now while she is in Bangladesh.
Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you