How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7677
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

, Last year my girlfriend was rejected in to UK

Customer Question

Last year my girlfriend was rejected for came in to UK by the UK border officer due to the entry priority not clear. After that, my girlfriend went back to Malaysia and apply for a general visitor visa and got rejected due to the period of time staying too long. So, this year my girlfriend planning to come and visit me in UK for one week as a visitor. my girlfriend is currently holding a Malaysia Passport.
Do she need a visa to come to UK as a visitor?
If she planning to go to Europe for one week such as France,Greece,Italy. Do she need and visa? Will she get rejected? If she follow the tour to visit those country, will her get higher chances to enter those country?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
When she returned and applied for her visa, what do you mean by saying that she was refused because of "period of time"?
Kind regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


She apply for long-term visitor visa for 1 year, she got rejected because the time of her visit is too long, and she does not had the qualified to apply for this visa.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

First, does the refused of enter to United Kingdom on last year affect her for enter to other Europe country? If she would like to go for a one week trip in other Europe country would it be harder for her or would she had higher chances of getting refused to enter other Europe country? Or it should be alright for her to visit other Europe country for one week as a visitor?

Next, if she would like to attend my graduation in United Kingdom on July for one week, would she need apply a visa? or she can just enter as a visitor. Because Malaysia citizen normally would not need a visa to enter United Kingdom and other Europe country.

Thanks you.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your patience.
I will be able to answer at 9 a.m
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


I am still waiting for your reply.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Apologies, drafting your answer now. 5 mins please
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
If she was refused entry then she would certainly have to apply for a visit visa before coming to the UK again. In the application she would have to explain he misunderstanding of the rules with her previous application and advise them that she did not intend to wilfully breach the immigration rules.
The eligibility criteria for a visitor's visa is as follow, is that you need to show that:-
• You want to visit the UK for no more than six months;
• You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
• You have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK without working or needing help from public funds
You have to try and show them that she has continuing obligations in her home country which will continue after the visit and therefore convince them that she is not a risk of overstay. Things like a letter from her employer stating she has a job (if you do) and is expected to return to continue that job, return flight tickets, evidence of continuing accommodation (eg. tenancy agreement of evidence of ownership of a property, bank statements showing the money she has available.
If you are based in the UK and will assist her during the intended stay you should go to a local solicitor to draft a sponsorship declaration in which you state the terms of the visit, that you are to return at the end of it, that although you are in a relationship with her you both know that she MUST leave at the end of the visit because it would harm the chances of any future application made to secure leave to remain on the basis of that relationship, that you shall accommodate you and shall pay the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should occur during his stay so that nether of you will need to access public funds.
This should cost around £50+vat and you can find immigration solicitors via:-
Other Eurpoean countries have different immigration rules for non-EEA citizens, so whether or not they will be affected by the refusal of entry/application to the UK may vary a little bit. Generally though, most will consider the application it’s own merits.
If going to multiple European countries then she should consider applying for a Schengen Visa:
This is a visa which grants entry to all those countries signed by to the scheme. It does not include the UK unfortunately but there are other counrties on their for which she would be allowed to enter if she got a Schengen visa. It includes France, Greece and Italy for example.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,