How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

. I'm in the UK on a general visitor visa which expired on

Customer Question

Hi. I'm in the UK on a general visitor visa which expired on 25/03/2015. I have a court trial on 29/04/2015, and I applied for a further leave to remain in the UK (FLR (o) form) on 25/03/2015 but the problem was that i didn't include my passport and my police registration ID when i sent the form. I was expecting the home office to return me the application as it is missing the passport, but i received a letter from them confirming my application with a case reference number and telling me to enrol my biometrics. I'm not sure of what I should do now. Should i send my passport and police registration ID to the same address or should I make a second application ? and should i carry on enrolling my biometrics ? and finally, am I committing a crime or something like that for staying longer than the period of my visa, keeping in mind that if i leave the UK and not be present for the court a decision is bound to be made against me. Thank you..
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
You should submit your passport and police registration ID to the Home Office with your case reference so that they deal with your original application.
You have not committed a crime as you submitted an extension application on the date your visa was expiring. Your visa is deemed to continue by law until your extension application is decided.
All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I should have mentioned this in the original question, but, if I send my passport and police registration ID, I will not have any other form of ID. So if the decision takes longer than the time of my court trial, will i be able to enter the court without an ID ? or with something like a university student ID ? Thank you..

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
I am not aware that you need to carry your ID to enter the courtroom. It may help if you take copies of your passport and police registration when entering the court.
All the best