How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 35042
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am a British born British citizen who lived in the UK from

This answer was rated:

I am a British born British citizen who lived in the UK from birth to 2012. I am retired and living in Peru and married to a Peruvian lady. She has a 21 year son. If I adopt him as my son, his biological father died 20 years ago, what rights does he have in the UK, passport etc
Alan Carter
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that the Uk does not recognise Adult adoption so it woudl give him no right sin the Uk at all
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What if we lived in Spain as part of the EEU

That would still not give him any rights to a UK passport
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what I want to know is does he have cheaper access to education and medical care as the adopted son of a UK national in the Uk or EEU -they may be different

he will certainly not acquire any rights under UK law - and having looked at an overview of Spanish law he does not fit the requirement for Adult adoption there either I am afraid
Clare and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


You are welcome - I am sorry the news was not better
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks happy