How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I was born here in the UK, I have a son 15yrs old who is living

Customer Question

I was born here in the UK, I have a son 15yrs old who is living in Brazil and was born in Brazil , How can I get a British passport for him please .
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Are you a british citizen and is the mother willing to co-operate in obtaining a passport
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I am a British citizen and yes mother is willing to to co-operate fully

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Excellent - I should have asked - are you named on his birth certificate - if not do you have DNA evidence that the child is yours?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Yes I am named on his birth certificate.

His full name is***** Carvalho Scott

Duncan - my fathers name

De - means off-

Carvalho - mothers surname

Scott - my surname

I am going to Brazil on the 15th and have an appointment with the Federal Police, as my permission is required for a. to get his Brazilian passport renewed and b. to give my permission for him to travel.

Legally he isnt allowed to travel out of the state of Sao Paulo let alone abroad without my certified permission.

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
In fact your son is entitled to a British Passport - and all you have to do is apply for it on his behalf in the normal way. (well almost)
There is even an online system for doing it - the link is here
Please ask if you need further details