How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am BritishI got married abroad to a non-EU national.

This answer was rated:

I am British
I got married abroad to a non-EU national. My wife has a child from a previous marriage
She and the child were granted UK settlement visa. Unfortunately, my wife has passed away in the UK. I am now the sole carer for our daughter
My stepdaughter's visa is now due for an extension. Which application form do I need please?

Are you able to upload a copy of her visa here?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can not upload the visa.

The visa is the usual UK spouse settlement visa with one dependent child.

The first period of 30 months is coming to an end soon. if my wife was alive it would be a straight forward application.

To apply for an extension to the child's second period of leave, which application form do i need? What can I do?

The form to use is FLR(O):

You should include your wife's death certificate and explain that you are the sole carer of the child following your wife's death.

All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you