How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 0
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I was an overstayer and I applied to remain on FLR(M) just prior to the immigrat

Customer Question

I was an overstayer and I applied for leave to remain on FLR(M) just prior to the immigration changes on 9th July 2012 as a married partner. She is born and raised British and we have a 6 year old boy together. The application was refused but I was granted leave to remain for an initial 30 months under the rules which came into effect on 09/06/2012 under Appendix FM EX 1 on the basis that I have a genuine parental responsibility to a child who is a British citizen.I am required to complete a minimum of 10 years extending every 30 months under that category before I qualify for citizenship. So far nearly 2.5 years is gone and I'm due to renew very soon
Can I switch over and apply under the 5 year route as opposed to the 10 year route using form FLR (FP) and if yes what are my chances?
I can't apply on FLR (M) because the relationship is broken down. I want to apply under any route that will minimise the time of stay to get settlement status.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Do you mean you are no longer looking after the child?
Kind regards