How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

A Philippine lady has just returned from a visit visa to UK.

This answer was rated:

A Philippine lady has just returned from a visit visa to UK. She will be returning on a right to stay permanent fiancée visa. What time period needs to be had before we start this process again?
There is no minimum waiting period, the fiancée visa may be applied at any time provided the application is ready to be submitted.
May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

UK Solicitor JA only,

You asked if anymore answers could be given from initial enquiry!

  • Does she have to do it on a fiancée/marriage visa?

  • The Healthcare supplement to be paid, is this a ‘one’ off, or is it every time a visa is granted?

  • I am disabled and have DLA and other benefits, does this exempt proof of income and savings for either of us If not, what is minimum requirements?

  • The fiancée visa route, does the wedding have to be arranged before travel or application submitted?

Thank you for your help.

Yours Sincerely,

Del Collins

Yes, a fiancée visa is advisable if you wish to marry her in the UK and if she then wishes to extend her stay as your spouse.
The healthcare surcharge needs to be paid when she makes the visa application outside the UK. Once in the UK, it is not payable.
As you are on DLA and other benefits, you do not need to be earning the minimum £18600 per year income, you simply need to show that you can accommodate and maintain her adequately. See here for the requirements on this criteria
Wedding may be arranged after she arrives in the UK
All the best