How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7672
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
Immigration Law
This answer was rated:

If a person is deported from the uk with her two sons and one

have now receive British citizenship... Show More
have now receive British citizenship. How can the mom come back with her sons
Show Less
Ask Your Own Immigration Law Question
Thanks for your question.
Why were they deported please?
Kind regards.
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.
The mum did a sham marriage in 2007 and spend 6month in prison. She was sigining for 3 years but was deported with three children. One was born in Britain was 10years of age. One came to uk when he was5months and was also deported at 13years. One came 3years and deported 16. All was deported last year
How old are Phil the children now please?
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.
One child is 10, one child is 14 and the other 17
I am out of the office now for a couple of hours at least. I should be able to answer around 7ish. If you cannot wait that long then you can opt me out so that others are free to answer.
Which aged child has UK citizenship and how did they get it?
Kind regards
Are you able to respond to the above post in order that I may provide you with an answer please?
Kind regards,
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.
The one that is 10yrs that was born here in London . He will be 11yrs next month. The mom had applied for it when he turn 10yrs old. He just receive it a few months ago
I will be able to answer at 9 a.m
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
I am afraid that she cannot apply for a visa simply on the basis that one of her children is a UK citizen.
In order to apply for a visa the child would have to be living in the UK and the mother must have an order from the UK courts to either have access or residence (ie custody) of the child.
Obviously, for the child to live in the UK they would have to be already in the UK and this would normally mean that the child would be with the father if the father was in the UK. So, if the father of the child is in the UK and had residence of the child then she could apply for a court order which stated that she should have contact with the child.
If she were able to get this then she could apply for a visa on the this basis. This is outlined on the following link under “coming to look after your child”:
If the father of the child is not in the UK or the mother is not prepared to let the child live with the UK father then I’m afraid she would not be able to secure a visa to the UK on the basis of her UK child.
I am sorry I could not have better news for you.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.
The father is not living in the uk. The son got is citizenship because he was born in the uk and living there for 10yrs and few months. He was living with his mum. I understand what you said and thanks for your help. Really apperiate it
You're welcome.
Good luck.