How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Dear Immigration Lawyer I would like to inqure about an

This answer was rated:

Dear Immigration Lawyer
I would like to inqure about an immigration issue.
I am a citizen of Kazakhstan, my daughter is 12, she is a UK citizen. We are divorced with her father, the child resides with me in Kazakhstan. The marriage was registered in the USA (State of Tennessee) on May 18, 2001. The marriage was dissolved in Kazakhstan on 19th Marh 2015. The court ruled that the daughter will reside with mother.
We are planing to move to the UK, which visa I can apply for?
Can I live and work in the UK?
Thank you very much,
Dilya Woodward

You may apply for entry clearance as a parent of a British child who intends to live in the UK permanently.

Although the requirement is that your child needs to be already living in the UK, your case is complicated as the British child will be moving at the same time as you. I would therefore suggest that you engage an immigration lawyer to assist you with the aplication.

The requirements of this visa are set out here:

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you