How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

, I was granted my settlement visa on the 13th of April

Customer Question

I was granted my settlement visa on the 13th of April based on my 10years London residency . My twins boys were born in UK 5 years ago when I was holding a limited leave. Can I apply for there British passport.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
You first need to apply for your children's registration as British Citizens, after registration is granted, you may then apply for their British Passports.
You need to apply on form MN1
I suggest that you apply through the Nationality Checking Service of your local council as they will check the documents and application form for you and if in order, send it on to the Home Office for you.
May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My twins boys are 6 years so do I still needs to register them . As they are British born
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you still need to register them as you got ILR after they were born.