How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

My Tier1 General Visa Extension Application is refused due to maintenance fund under parag

Customer Question

My Tier1 General Visa Extension Application is refused due to maintenance fund under paragraph 245CA(e) and Appendix C. I basically made sure my end of statement has fund for 945. Is there a option to appeal?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Unfortunately, the home office has stopped allowing points based system migrants the right to appeal, if they have given you a right of appeal they would usually attach an appeal form with your refusal letter. If you have not been given an appeal form or nothing have been stated in respect of appealing in the correspondence you have received then you have not been given a right of appeal.
What you may wish to do is ask for an administrative review, what this is is a letter to the home office asking them to review their decision, the letter should state something in respect of this, if not then send it to the individual who made the decision the name and address should be on the refusal letter. You can provide evidence of why you believe that the decision was incorrect, you must do this within 14 days from the date you received the letter.
You should send the letter special delivery and state all the reasons why you believe the decision was incorrect.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I hope this clarifies the matter, if so please provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.
Kind regards