How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7672
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I am british citizen and marry with pakistan guy and nearly

Customer Question

Hi I am british citizen and marry with pakistan guy and nearly 2yrs he got visa since he got visa he stop seeing me and talking to me. Because of me he got the visa and now he is totally changed dont know what to do.pls help me is there anything u can help me.thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
If it is the case that you consider the relationship has broken down and you consider that he may have deceived you as to his true intentions the you can advise the home office of this.
If he is on a spouse visa then once you have advised them that the relationship has broken down and/or that you consider he deceived you then they will most likely write to him and advise him that they have curtailed his visa. This means that his visa will no longer be valid and he will have a short period of time (about two months) in which to switch to another visa or leave the country.
You should note that if he leaves the country as a result of the home office curtailing his leave then it may be more difficulty from a practical point of view for you to obtain a divorce because if he is in another country then it can make contacting him (ie. serving divorce papers on him) more difficult. So, you may consider having a consultation with a family solicitor in the UK first before you advise the home office.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Is there any further information you require?
I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided.
Kind regards,