How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7672
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

My partner has a holiday visa years how can I change

Customer Question

My partner has a holiday visa for five years how can I change it to a working visa he would like to work here for 6months and then go back to turkey for 6 months
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
I’m afraid that there is no appropriate form of short term visa that fits his requiremenst.
There are temporary visas, but they are not applicable to him if he is a Turkish citizen because he has not worked in the UK already for a year (Turkish Worker visa), is not from a country which allows him to apply for a youth mobility visa and is presumably not going to qualify to carrying out international business under an international agreement or charitable/creative/sporting work (please let me know if he is).
This means that the only other alternative would be a tier 2 visa, which requires a UK based employer to sponsor him for a permanent role on the shortage occupation list, but unfortunately no company will sponsor him if he is only to come here for 6 months.
I’m really sorry but there is no short term working visa that is appropriate under these circumstances.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Is there any further information you require?
I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided.
Kind regards,