Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.

I am a UK citizen but not a UK resident. I got married in

I am a UK citizen but not a UK resident. I got married in a civil ceremony in Malaysia with another UK citizen/non-resident. The marriage was never consummated. Do I need an annulment, to enable me to get married legally in the UK with a new partner?
Is your marriage legal in Malaysia?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it is.

Then you will either have to end your marriage via anulment or divorce before you remarry as otherwise you will be committing the criminal offence of Bigamy.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Could I get it annulled in Malaysia?

If not, how would I do it in the UK, if I am not physically in the country? How long does an annulment typically take? Please advise me of your fees if you were to file the annulment for me in the UK.

Thanks, Claire.

It woudl be sensible to deal with this matter in the same country that you were married in as unless one of you is currently living in the UK you will struggle to have the matter dealt with here
It would not be impossible - it would be difficult
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Clare for your advice.

You are most welcome I hope all goes well for you