How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12069
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I've recently got married to someone who is already

Customer Question

Hi, hi, I've recently got married to someone who is already married i have become the second wife. We got married in a country that allows polgymous marriages. I am a british citizen and wondering if my husband can join me here in the uk on a spouse visa.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
No he can't I'm afraid on the basis that polygamy is not recognised under UK law, therefore he isn't allowed to come into the UK on a spouse visa.
I hope this answers your question.