How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 0
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I hope you can help with my case. I am a Malaysian and

Customer Question

Hi I hope you can help with my case. I am a Malaysian and my husband is from China. He apply for status and me and my 2 kids are his dependant. I am pregnant and due in September. Our application is refuse in May 2014, we appeal and refuse again in March this Year. Is there anything that I can do now. Since the refusal we been told that my husband work permit is no longer usable. He is now unemployed, we cannot work, cannot rent a house and my baby is due in 3 months time, I have to move out from the accommodation that provided by my husband previous boss, cause he said we can no longer stay here. I am struggling now, please help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your patience.
What type of visa did he have most recently? What type of visa did he apply for and for which you were recently refused?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


I come as a student but overstay, he claim asylum when he arrive in UK and have been reporting to the immigration office. He only have working permit during our application for status together and its only 2 years +. The working permit is cancel now because our application have been refuse.

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Yes, but what type of work permit did he have? Was it a tier 2 general visa?
Why was his visa cancelled?